Friday, May 2, 2008

NEW!!

Ta-dahhhhh! New blog to be filled with everything from my trip in less than a week to Beijing and hopefully much much more. I'm super excited for this trip, even though I'm nervous too. It'll be weird not being able to read signs or understand what people are saying; fortunately we learned how to say our names! Right now it's just packing, packing, and more packing. Don't forget the camera cord or the Pepto, remember to pack business casual as well as normal clothes, etc.etc. So much to remember! I'll be sure to update when I can! Our dorms at Tsinghua University will have internet connection, so it should be fairly often. 

There will be 22 students on the trip, roughly half engineering and half business, as well as a professor and graduate student. I don't know many of the students yet, but I can't wait to make new friends! It'll be interesting seeing Beijing through the viewpoint of the business students as well, seeing as I only tend to focus on the engineering aspects. 

The next few days should be craZAzy with packing, so I'll update when we're on our way!

5 comments:

Kj said...

Bean!!!! I'm so excited!!! I'm going to check your blog everyday so you better keep me posted! I hope you have a blast!!

Unknown said...

Hey Jill - how exciting this must be for you!!! Take a lot of pics, enjoy the food, the sites, the people and most importantly the experience!!! Stay safe, love your aunt Suzi, uncle Bob and cuzzins Kate & Ally

Patti said...

Great! A new blog from afar.....can't keep up with the travelin' Branby girls! Good to see that you plan to keep us along for the ride. We will enjoy seeing a distant place through your twisted vision!! Keep cool calm and collected as you prepare for this exciting destination :) love aunt patti

Pat said...

At the rate you are going your Las Vegas trip at 21 is going to be BORING !!!.
Seeing and learning things at the sight is much more exciting.
Hope you have some great travel partners.
That helps make the trip.
Know that we will be with you ever step of the way.
Papa says Keep your eyes open and your presence of mind. Learn how to say "Where's the men's room?" in Mandarin. Oh.............and have FUN!
Grandma & Papa

Unknown said...

Jill - The Chinese are so amazing - kind, funny, fabulous cooks, natural merchants - and they were engineers while we were still crawling around in the swamps - such fun! Travel safely! Georgia