Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beklager, jeg snakker ikke norsk...

I'm keeping up pretty well so far with my mid-term resolution to update the blog more - look at me go! I'm still working on hashing out stories from my previous travels, but might as well not keep youall waiting longer than you have to for new stories!
hopefully real Norwegian trolls will be cooler
 than this guy - Dad doesn't look scared
 at ALL! <3 Disney World (circa 2000)

In case you didn't understand the title of this post (if you actually did, you get a prize. What, I'm not sure, but I'll figure out something), the translation according to BBC Languages is "I'm sorry, I don't speak Norwegian." You guessed it, I'm headed off to NORWAY!  As the birthplace of Road Dahl, Liv Ullman, Knute Rockne, and the inventor of the Swiss cheese slicer, I have high expectations for this country - I'm headed to the land of my forefathers for culture, cold, and MORE FJORDS!!! 

The previously mentioned prestigious citizens and geographic features aside, this weekend should be rather memorable for three reasons: 
1. My travel companions are the dynamic duo themselves, Jack "the Shanimal" Shannon and Brian "Murphy Shuffle" Murphy (and two of their friends from NUIG, but I don't know them yet).
2. My part in this adventure began less than two weeks ago in the middle of nowhere next to Ireland's only fjord via smartphone at approximately 2:30am.
3. With roughly 12 hours until I leave Limerick, we still have no accommodations, no itinerary, and no plan - and I LOVE it! (I do have the emergency number for the US embassy in Oslo, so we're good to go)

Wish me luck, and Alt for Norge!


***EDIT MONDAY 24 OCT: Due to a history essay due Thursday afternoon, my post about Norway will have to happen after that, since I procrastinate like crazy.***

No comments: